Things I Wish Women Would Stop Doing
So, let me just start off by saying this post is not meant to bash anyone or anything like that. The list that I have created here is only meant to HELP not harm those who take the time to read it. *DISCLAIMER: I WILL do a list for men too*
1. Stop disliking another woman because “she thinks she’s all that”. She should! If you don’t love you, who’s going to love you? Maybe you should look at WHY her thinking she’s “all that” upsets you then you can figure out how that woman can be you
2. Stop calling that man your hubby, your husband,, your spouse when you have no ring, marriage license, wedding date or anything else relating to an actual marriage. If he did not take vows to love and cherish you until death does you part, he’s not your husband. You know terms like boyfriend, fiancé, significant other DO exist for a reason.
3. Stop using the excuse that it’s too much going around out there to continue sleeping with your “baby’s daddy” long after the relationship is over. He’s sleeping with anything that moves. Honey, how is that helping you? If he catches something from one of them, he’s just going to pass it right along to you.
4. Stop thinking you can change a man then ending up hurt and upset when you realize you can’t. Maya Angelou said it best “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the FIRST time.” If you still decide to “Netflix and chill” with him after he’s already told you he doesn’t want a relationship with you and three years later you’re in the same spot or he moves on and DOES get into a relationship with someone else, can’t be mad with anybody but yourself.
5. Stop keeping kids away from their fathers SIMPLY BECAUSE he does not want to be with you. You are hurting the kids in this whole thing, they are innocent. If you have no LEGITIMATE reason to keep them away, then they should definitely be given a chance to develop a relationship with/have BOTH parents in their lives.
6. Stop thinking “good cookie” is ALL you need to “keep” a man. He can get “good cookie” anywhere. What else do you have to offer? Sex gets old if that’s all you’ve got. Just like women get fed up, men get fed up to.
7. Stop putting other women down/consigning men who put other women down based on their looks, style of dress, rumors you’ve heard or whatever else just to make yourself feel relevant. We are in this together and regardless of how you feel about her. You should apply what you should have learned as a child here, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.”