What Does “Me Time” Look Like For You?
1. Go to the gym and/or work out at home. Join a gym and get that work out in! It can help you relieve stress and of course get you in better shape. If you can’t get into the gym, check out YouTube for some good home workouts you can do.
2. Go unplugged. No phone. No computer. No distractions and just… Relax or meditate. You’d be surprised how much just taking a break from the outside world can benefit you.
3. Listen to inspirational/uplifting music. What you listen to is important. Words are powerful. Listening to songs with positive messages will lift your spirits, help put you in a good mood.
4. Do outdoor activities. Go for a walk or jog. Walk your dog. Play an outdoor sport. Just being able to take in nature and all its beauty can definitely help release endorphins, the feel good hormones.
5. Dress up, go get your hair cut/done. When you look good you feel good. You don’t have to have a reason to dress up. Dress up just because you want to.
There are are so many things you can do to reconnect with yourself and make yourself feel better. The important thing to remember is it’s not selfish to take time for yourself nor is it “soft”. No guilt. Don’t let anyone make you feel bad for trying to take time for you. It’s essential to being the happiest, healthiest you.